Sunday, April 8, 2012

Spring Break Part 3 - The Wedding


John and Amanda at Jason and Melissa's wedding in Houston TX - 3.17.12

The last third of my Spring Break was spent in Houston, TX celebrating the marriage of my brother-in-law, Jason to his bride Melissa.  We left the boys in the very capable and energetic hands of Miss Emily. Emily was one of Luke's very talented teachers at Little Georgie's before she got herself a Kindergarten position in a SCS school. We still like to snag her for weekend babysitting jobs!

The boys were going all day every day while we were gone! I am not sure who wore who out!
The boys were treated to a class at The Little Gym. Evan thrived...Luke shied...
Zoo Day!
Parks, picnics, peek-a-boo, and bathtime!
While in TX, John and I got to meet new members of our extended family and spend some time with extended family members we haven't seen in years.
Thursday night we ate at Ninfa's. Ninfa's story is pretty spectacular. She started cooking to support her children after her husband died (or left...that part is a little fuzzy). She served her famous fajitas out of her house that eventually became the first restaurant. 

Friday and Saturday were spent hanging out with family, relaxing jogs on the trails of downtown Houston, getting a manicure, and more eating!



Jason and Melissa got married at a gorgeous Catholic church downtown. I was honored to be able to read a scripture at their wedding. I hope I was able put the scripture into their marriage ceremony in a meaningful way. 




The church was just amazing and the wedding party looked beautiful standing in front of the alter.




Of course, when anything is hosted by Jason and Melissa there is always a good party! We had fun eating, drinking, and hanging out with (old and new) family and (old and new) friends!

The wedding Saturday was just beautiful. I don't have many pictures since I was too busy having a great time! Also, I only had my cell phone, so the night pictures didn't turn out too well. Melissa looked beautiful in her amazing dress and Jason looked very handsome in his tux. Everyone enjoyed the meaningful ceremony and danced the night away at the reception. But most importantly, I was extremely honored and grateful I was able to celebrate the marriage of two people I love dearly. 

Jason and Melissa Asbell
March 17, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment