Sunday, December 28, 2014

Pre Christmas Fun


We were SO SO SO lucky to have the Texas Asbell crew at our house of Christmas. This was the first time I met my niece and the first time Luke and Evan met their newest cousin. Of course we knew Evan would take to her right away.

 photo ECDC9B5C-0C35-4218-BC4E-CE6507A8843A_zpsp5sxeeue.jpg

About 2 days into their trip, Evan declared, "I love Sklyar, but not in the creepy way." After the car muffled their laughter, I asked Evan what that meant? How could he love her in the creepy way? Just as quick as a cricket he said, "You know, like I don't want to marry her." Glad we cleared that up.

We went to Zoo Lights the second night they were here. It was forecasted rain, but we still forged ahead much to my husband's dismay. When we got there, it wasn't raining, thank heavens. The GREAT news was the forecast scared a majority of the people away. It was deserted!

 photo AC7AC104-8FE8-45D5-8BF7-91A0C7749ED0_zpsdwwgq5qy.jpg

The boys saw Santa. Luke went rogue and said he only wanted a toy train. Evan has been asking a lot of question about all the different Santas around town. We explained that Santa sometimes needs help since he can't be everywhere when boys and girls want to sit on his lap, so sometimes he gets helpers. I didn't think that really stuck until Evan, as loud as he could, said, "Are you the real Santa?" I am sure he has gotten this before and had a great answer. He said, "Are you the real you?" Evan laughed and said of course so Santa replied, "Well I am the real me." Well played Chris Kringle...well played.

 photo 4F501315-5AC0-499D-BA68-9801955DE411_zps1xbxd8qe.jpg

It rained...a lot. For those of you who know me, you know I hate being rained on. Nature falling on my head....omgah, it's the worst. But those who also know me understand I will do anything for my kids. The boys begged to ride the ferris wheel from the moment we go there. John doesn't do heights, so up up up I went. While we were waiting in line it came a downpour. There was rain falling like cats and dogs. Whenever I even mentioned us getting out of line they cried and cried. The ferris wheel was literally the one thing they wanted to do at Zoo Lights. So I sucked it up and waited...in the rain. It was worth it. They loved every minute of that ride.

 photo FD566AC5-D1DF-41B5-BB5E-7781D2F3B1EF_zpsmsydysce.jpg  photo 2AC34DF2-16BA-476E-8142-9A27F2ED3BAD_zpsobfyzop5.jpg

The boys had fun which mean John and I were happy. John even said he was glad I talked him into it. :) See honey - I know what I am doing...most of the time. 

 photo 782DBF9F-0AC9-460F-AEF3-CF48E5DE059D_zpsrostj8gq.jpg
He still loves me after being drenched at Zoo Lights!

No comments:

Post a Comment