Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Gran's SURPRISE


This year was a very special birthday for Gran. One of those big ones that end with a zero. Even though I tried to persuade her for a big blowout, Gran only wanted a small gathering of friends and family.

But....I had another trick up my sleeve.

I mentioned to my sister that we were having a gathering and would love it if they could come. My mom usually travels to California at least once a year, but they haven't been able to make it back out to TN for a few years. We decided it would be awesome if it could be a surprise!

And oh what a surprise it was!!

There is a lot of prep work to trick this lady, so we had to work ahead of time. I told a little white lie that Evan and Luke had friends spending the night on Thursday (they did....they were just their cousins!). I asked mom if we could bring all the kids over to swim on Friday. We set a general time and left it at that. When we showed up at her house on Friday morning, I explained the friends had to leave early, but Evan and Luke still wanted to swim. The McAlexanders all snuck in a different way so they could be in the house. All this was made possible because of my partner in crime Jed!!

Her reaction was priceless. I think we did pretty good. :)

Video of her surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment