Wednesday, April 1, 2015

It's a ZOO up in here!

 photo Bat8_zpsorl6wxjw.jpg

First grade at St. George's has two major productions. One is the joint Christmas program. Second is the Animal Play. The students complete an entire animal unit in the second trimester that culminates into a play. Evan got to be a bat this year! The only bad news that came with this was the bat costume was the ONLY costume that the teachers could not locate. All forty other costumes were located, but somehow the bat went missing. A friend and fellow teacher said, "Oh, but you're creative."

Ummmmm...no I am not.

What I do have working for me is the power of social media. Now, I can't say I am on Facebook daily. I used to be, but I kind of got tired of it. As a sleepy, working mother of 2, I really needed the storage in my brain to be used for remember to pack lunches rather than funny viral videos. (confession - I watched, sent, and laughed at the "snow day 3- frozen - I'm gonna kill Olaf- video". Another example of social media at it's finest.)
But don't get me wrong. I don't think Facebook is bad or evil. I don't dislike Facebook. I am a fan and true believer in the power of social media. It's some of the users that get me. (another confession - I need to use the 'unfollow' feature more often.)

At 6:16 I posted on Facebook asking if anyone had a bat costume. In less than 10 minutes I had secured a bat costume for my child. It was hand delivered to my house an hour later. I mean.....wow. And public and HUGE thank you to Sheri for letting us use her bat costume!!

 photo Screen Shot 2015-04-01 at 9.32.17 AM_zpsbz5r1zmr.png

Everyone did SO great and delivered their lines with ease. The songs were adorable and their energy was contagious. I am so proud of all the little animals in the St. George's Zoo!

 photo Bat2_zpsqxprlfbh.jpg  photo Bat3_zpsxftwrq5l.jpg

 photo Bat4_zpstreoctde.jpg  photo Bat5_zpsiijnrfes.jpg
 photo Bat7_zpsk513ibq4.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment