Monday, May 30, 2016

Suit and Tie

 photo 039d90af-9dcf-4563-9134-a363fc7be3c5_zps3agevcvn.jpg

So, as mentioned before, Evan doesn't mind the limelight. Dude thrives in it if you ask me. So when his teachers told me he was going to play the role of Justin Timberlake in the Memphis Musical, I responded with "of course he is."
Teacher: well, we needed someone who would be comfortable dancing on stage by themselves.
Me: Uh huh
Teacher: And all three of us (the three teachers) knew Evan was the perfect person for this.
Me: Uh huh

Needless to say, I had to find him a suit and tie plus a fedora stat. Someone please tell me why he is so dern cute?!?!

 photo IMG_4459_zpscn2lr3l3.jpg


I told his teacher we have two options. I can go all dance moms on him and choreograph a routine or we can let him free style. She looked with some slight confusion and said, "but he already has a little routine." Oh lorttttt.

 photo DSC_0288_zps6beerifa.jpg  photo DSC_0282_zpsvc597otw.jpg

Now, I was working AV for the Memphis Musical program, so I was privy to all the rehearsals. His little routine was so entirely precious that I couldn't help but smile. There was a lot of pointing around and bouncing, but hey...he was sure cute. (side bar - these pic were taken at dress rehearsal...his shirt WAS tucked in the for the real deal.)

ALL the kids did amazing. These second grade teachers sure know how to put on a program. From Goin' Buggy, to the Biography Play, to Memphis Musical. But what I love is these are't programs for programs sake. They are show casing what the kids have learned in their units of study!! The spent weeks learning about insects before Buggy. My kid knew more about Memphis history than I did after they completed their Memphis Unit! This school...these teachers...make learning fun. They literally bring it back to life.

 photo DSC_0147_zpsbggyx0rd.jpg  photo DSC_0118_zpsdocanzin.jpg  photo DSC_0135_zps9g9ygxvz.jpg  photo DSC_0148_zpsonup3cqy.jpg  photo DSC_0155_zpswzz8u8cy.jpg  photo DSC_0169_zpswqwys7qy.jpg
 photo DSC_0175_zps385undgo.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment