Friday, March 30, 2018

My Little Big Shots

Each year, St. George's hosts a Talent Show for its students. Kids in first through fifth grade can participate.


Evan has played drums the past two years. You might remember, the past two he encountered technical difficulties. We made sure that wasn't going to happen again! Mrs. Betchick asked him to 'hit those drums one time' in his introduction. I finally let go of the breath I was holding when I heard the drums come out of the sound system!

Evan played a 21 Pilots song and rocked it! He's been playing this song for a couple years as 21 Pilots is his favorite band.




This was Luke's first year to be able to participate. Now Luke doesn't always like being in the spotlight. He's a ham and insanely crazy when you get to know him, but he has always been pretty introverted. I didn't think he was going to be up for it.

But you know what they say...kids always surprise ya.

Some amazing moms organized a group of 1st grade boys to do a dance. Yes...7 year old boys....dancing to Twisted Sister, MC Hammer, Kriss Kross, Van Halen, and more.

THEY STOLE THE SHOW!!!

Luke was half of Kriss Kross. He got to share this role with his bud since birth Cullen. The weeks leading up to the Talent Show, there was little Luke could talk about. He and Cullen had decided who was Kriss and who was Kross. We had to look up pictures of what they looked like so Luke could 'get into character'. He even went as far to ask for extra rehearsals with Mrs. Hayden. He would randomly show up in her room and ask if he could go over his part with her.


On the drive to the Talent Show he kept saying, "I can't believe I really get to be in the Talent Show." If he said it once, he said it 9 times.

I had to work the with the GPAC sound guys during the show. I knew the order of the acts and their music, so I had to be in the booth making sure everything was being played when it should be. So John sat with the boys making sure they got backstage when they were supposed to. 
Evan played early in the show. When he returned to his seat and a nice lady behind them complimented him on his playing. She said, "You did awesome!"  Luke promptly turns around and says to her, "I'm going to do awesome too." I think the whole row giggled at that. 




But he was true to his word. They did AWESOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment