Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012


I love New Year's resolutions. Ever since I knew what a New Year's resolution was, I started making them and keeping them. In fact, I am such a New Year's resolution fan, I was quoted in the Commercial Appeal back in 2008 for my New Year's resolutions. Yup, I am that girl.

They are important to me, because I like accountability. I run with a friend. If I didn't have someone waiting for me to run, I probably wouldn't. John and I cook dinner for our family. If I didn't have them to be accountable for, I would probably eat Mac and Cheese each night or buy stock in Chik-fil-a. It is also a way for me to announce to my friends and family how I plan on being a better person. Yeah, I could do this in April, but there is something about starting a new calendar year with a clean slate.

Last year I was pretty ambitious. Luke was only 4 months old. I was a working mother of two children under 3. I made 3 resolutions and kept 2. The only one I couldn't keep was something I tried to do everyday. That is too much for me. I succeeded at completing both resolutions on the same day, Dec. 3. The very next day, while eating with some amazing friends who have known me for over 13 years, I found my New Year's resolution for 2012.

I am going to blog!

Hence Goldfish for Dinner. I can't take credit for the title. John came up with that. In fact, I consider him the 'writer' of our marriage. I can quote you reason after reason why I have never blogged. I am not a good writer. No one cares what I have to say. No one has time to read what I write. I don't have time to write about my life. I was encouraging a friend with a new baby to blog so she can document her new family's life. I was adament she start blogging. I told her she won't remember those sleep deprived moments that happen so quick. I think I may have even pounded the table at one point. Then I realized, I was talking to myself. It doesn't matter if no one reads what I write. This is for me. This is for my boys. This is for my family.

New Year's Resolution 2012 - to blog at least once every other week.
Happy New Year's everyone!



6 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so excited that you're blogging this year! You will love going back and reading everything you've written, seeing how far you've come. Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the blog my friend! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen - I am really excited about seeing this year laid out exactly how it happened instead of my blurry memories.
    Katie - We are going to be blog buddies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog title...great job hubby! Can't wait to see it all develop. I'm right there with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nichole - if you keep posting yummy things on your blog I am going to hold you solely responsible for my weight gain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Looking forward to future posts!

    ReplyDelete