Saturday, January 7, 2012

Where are the gypsies?

I have two cute kids. Now I promise they do really uncute things several times a day, but right now they are playing independently without bothering me, and that makes them cute, for now.

Evan a talker. He gets talking so fast that sometimes he combines words. I think his sweet brain moves faster than his mouth, and he just shoves 2 words together to make a new one. Here are some of his favorite combos:
Poinky - adj; a combination of pointy and poky. "If I put these poinky things in your face it will hurt your eyes."
Soupdey - adj; a combination of super and duper; the 'y' is just for fun. "These shoes make me soupdey fast."
Evan also makes up things that happen to him. He has a very active imagination. But part of me believes he really thinks this stuff happened. He had a journal writing activity in PK talking about the New Year. The sentence was "In the new year, I would like to learn _____". Evan wrote "jumq on a trmpolen" which translated is jump on a trampoline. Curious how he even knew what a trampoline was,  I asked Evan where he had seen a trampoline. Without missing a beat he says, "At the parade." Ummmm, okay. "What parade, E?" I ask. "The IronMan parade." Ahhh yes, the IronMan parade that our whole family attended. How silly I forget!

Evan showing you something poky. Luke not patting his head. Evan showing you his soupdey fast shoes. Independent play is mommy's favorite!

Luke is starting to copy everything we do, except talk, but that is a different post. Recently we taught him where his head is. So every time we say, "Luke, where is your head??" he starts patting his head. When we ask him where his belly is, he smiles pats his head. Where's your elbow little guy?? Pat head. Trust me, when it's your kid, it's cute.
One night I made gumbo. It was really really good, but really hot. During dinner John and I aren't eating, but trying to cool our dinner by blowing on our spoons. Luke watches us for several seconds, picks up his goldfish and blows on it with the biggest grin on his face.

Just as I finish this the big kid has spilled his entire water, which is NOT allowed in the den, on my coffee table and the little kid is face planted on the floor screaming as though his hair is on fire. Where are those gypsies again? I might have 2 kids they can have.

2 comments:

  1. I totally have Evan's back on this one! Y'all went to the Cville Christmas parade right? There was someone dressed as Iron Man in the parade (I think for Patton Computer) and there was a trampoline on one of the floats for a Gymnastics place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a funny coincidence, but we didn't go to the Collierville parade. Maybe someone that did has been talking about it at school. Too funny though!

    ReplyDelete