Sunday, February 19, 2012

I heart you

I love Valentine's Day. Before kids (I find myself saying that waaaay too much), I used to mail cards to all my friends and family. This year because we have so much going on in life right now, I was lucky to throw a card at John as I was pulling out the driveway.
Even though I felt like I dropped the ball with my other loved ones, I made sure Evan had a 'lovely' day. We made special Valentine's cards for his friends at school. I completely stole this idea from Pinterest, so please give me NONE of the credit. He was very cooperative while I was photographing him. The photo shoot was very spontaneous. I happened to get him out of the car one afternoon and felt the lighting was right, so I snapped away. I then added the words and cut a tiny hole for the sucker. I think they turned out so cute!

A big part of the PK curriculum is name writing. I waited until the 11th hour to have Evan sign his name to his cards. I was super impressed it didn't take a lot of bribing to get him to sit down and sign 16 valentines.   


 I am one of the room moms for Evan's class (thank heavens there are two of us). I am so lucky to work at my child's school, which means I get to attend every party. One of the other room moms came up with the party favor for the kids. I also saw this idea on Pinterest....does anyone see a pattern here?? We bought red plastic shovels, heart baggies, Valentine's candy, tulle, and labels. Candy in bags, bags tied to shovels, shovels labeled "I dig you!". Too cute and too easy!


His party was a fun. The kids decorated cupcake and then turned their entire face pink from the dyed icing. As much as I love cupcakes, I hate feeding kids cupcakes! Talk about a royal mess! I just hope no one's clothes were stained from the dye. He received lots of great valentines from his friends in his cute Valentine's bag.
John and I like to give each other the gift of time Valentine's Day. We have spent every Valentine's Day together since 1997, and we realize that time  is our best gift to each other. Being as sweet as he is, John usually buys me something little, like a movie I have been wanting to see or flowers. This year he bought be Breaking Dawn, but the real present was he would watch it with me after our 'in-house' date night the next weekend. 
Valentine's night I made tuna cakes, one of our favorite dinners. I decided to get a little creative and make them hearts. They turned out cute and very yummy!

And just because he is cute and completely oblivious about holidays....here's Luke. :) This is his 'go to' comfort move; thumb sucking and rubbing his belly. 



Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day! Keep spreading the love throughout the entire year!

No comments:

Post a Comment