Saturday, October 13, 2012

Fall Break

The boys and I were off for last week for Fall Break. While we didn't travel anywhere this year, we did enjoy the sites around town and the beautiful weather.

The boys going for a morning jog on Saturday of Fall Break
The Tuesday before Fall Break, John and our very talented friend Kate led chapel for JK-5th graders on the Germantown Campus. I was so proud of Evan! He got in front of the entire student body and introduced his daddy. Evan was so proud his daddy was leading a praise chapel. Evan told the audience that Miss Kate also has a baby in her belly. I was very very proud of him for being so brave and talking in front of everyone.


Fall Break was spent enjoying each other and the beautiful weather. We kicked off the extra long weekend with a trip to YoLo's and the trains on the town square. Evan says he loves ice cream, but what he really loves are the toppings. Now we just fill his and Luke's bowl up with topping and forgo the ice cream. 


On Thursday we made it over the the playground. Luke used the big boy swing for the first time! He spent a solid 20 minutes swinging all while belly laughing. 

Can't you just hear his laughter through this picture??
Later this month, our church service is celebrating our 11 year anniversary. The Stirring always has an art show in conjunction with the service. This year we are completing a special collaborative art piece. Luke and Evan got in the spirit of collaborative art on Thursday afternoon when we painted mariposas. Evan insisted on using the spanish name for butterfly while we were creating. Since I don't have an artistic bone in my body, I literally gave the boys free reign. Evan mixed all the colors together and painted his entire butterfly that color. Luke....he painted himself.



On Friday my mom, the boys and I went to The Big Backyard at The Botanic Gardens. Luke is officially in the "runner" stage and will take off in whatever directions he so chooses no matter what I say. And chasing him just makes him run faster and laugh harder. I was so thankful when my mom said she'd go with us so we could divide and conquer. They boys had a blast!





I struggle all the time with my decision to be a working mom. All. the. time. I know that is who God made me to be. I know I am actually a better mom to my boys when I am working. It also makes me love these little mini-stay-cations even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment