Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Just a quick shower

I spent less than 24 hours (including travel time) in Nashville a couple weekends ago to shower my very best and oldest (not in age, but in years together) friend. Heather and I have been friends since 2nd grade girl scouts. To say I have been friends with someone for over 25 years really makes me feel old.

There is a lot of history between us. Many inside jokes. Some life changing stories. Many hours of laughter and tears. Years I am so happy she has been a part of. But I am even more excited to see what the future holds as Heather and Shane start a family.

I was honored to help host a shower with some of her Nashville friends and Birch. And by help, I brought balloons and my checkbook. I felt like the scene in Dirty Dancing when she walks into the party and says, "I carried a watermelon." Yeah, I bought the balloons. And Heather even went with me to get that! The other creative ladies were more than understand of my full time job, two young kids and the fact that I lived out of town.

The shower was more of a party, in true Heather and Shane style. The mom to be was glowing and Shane was a proper "doting on his wife" father to be. Heather, Shane, and most importantly, baby Chloe received some great things!

Friends are friends forever....just try to say that without singing it.
Shane and Heather and Baby Chloe's loot!
The cake was yummy and beautiful!
Wish Tree made my the talented Amanda Crouch
One of Chloe's many many outfits.
Hostesses in their hostesses presents.
Heather and her beautiful mom
Even though it was a fast trip, I am so happy I could be a part of the celebration for Chloe. Heather, you, Shane and Chloe are loved very much. I can't wait to meet the sweetheart face to face very soon!

1 comment: