Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Bye Felicia and Peace Out Girl Scout

And any other saying that means buh-bye...so long....get out of here.

 photo Screen Shot 2016-02-09 at 11.00.13 AM_zpsuqmfje2f.png

My family has been sick for years. Well, okay, maybe it isn't years, but these past 2 weeks have been what I can only describe as hell on earth.

 photo 7FB5F810-02A5-4CA5-9BA9-F57CFE752DF9_zpseyi2xcfh.jpg

It started with Luke and a 5 day virus (that was probably the flu, but I didn't test him because Tamiflu can't be tolerated by the Asbell stomach AND he had the flu shot) that ended with 2 days of an upper respiratory funk. We were all well and for 2 days. Two. Days before Evan and I fell to the plague. We are repeating the same pattern as Luke.

 photo 2AAFFD00-0ED1-4393-BC5D-866B159B07B5_zpsocpwpyda.jpg
Sharing is caring??

**Side note - I want to jump on a soapbox for a second and say that 99 is a fever for some people. Parents, please take your kids' temps several times on a healthy day and find their average. Both my boys and I run between 97.2 and 97.5. So when one of them has a 99, it's like one of those normal 98.6 people having 100. When his is 100, it's like 102 for the normal temp guy. Us with a 102 is the scary, hallucinate you have small puppies in the bed with you when it's really your youngest son. That possibly happened.

 photo 326E0AF0-ED6C-46D6-AED0-AC16657B58BE_zpsabc2k7bk.jpg

I could get all into the horrible details of what the virus has done to us, but I really think you'd stop reading after symptom number 2...

What I am taking away from this these 2 weeks of utter hell. How in the world St. Jude parents do it?

I mean, I know they do it because they have to, but seeing my babies so sick for this short amount of time was killer. Like I really don't want to live this again. I can't even imagine if this was my daily life.

Every time one of mine woke up at 1am throwing up, I prayed for every St. Jude mom and dad who spent countless nights in their bathroom holding their child while they threw up due to chemo.

Every time one of mine moaned from fever, I shed tears of the parents of all the St. Jude families who have heard or are hearing their child moan from cancer pains and not being able to do a thing.

When I held my child and could do NOTHING to make them feel better, I called out to God to hold all the parents and patients at St. Jude.

When I had little to no energy to even speak to my other child or husband after a long day of caring for my sick child, my heart ached for parents at St. Jude and their mental and physical exhaustion.

You see, no matter how many times we get a virus, I will never ever know the pain a parent who has a child at St. Jude feels. Never. But God has given me the power of prayer,  financial ability to donate, and opportunities to fundraise for this amazing hospital that understands it's not just the child battling cancer; it's the whole family.

I will be doing Yoga Gives again this year and would love your support. The kids at St. Jude would love your support. The parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, loved one of St. Jude would love your support. They may never know your name, never meet you, never be able to give you a hug, but I can on their behalf because I know if they could, they would.

Yoga Gives to St. Jude kids coming soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment