Monday, September 5, 2016

Cancun....again DOOOB-LAY!!

John and I went to Cancun...again.

 photo IMG_5281_zps69e1nwqp.jpg  photo IMG_5214_zpsmjigpptd.jpg
 photo IMG_5196_zpsybayndrj.jpg  photo IMG_5251_zpstvetlzpu.jpg

I know, I know. I might be bragging a little. But what I am bragging about is not our trip. I am bragging on our marriage.

 photo IMG_5442_zpsltd3kkgm.jpg 

 Marriage is work. There is absolutely no denying that. But it is the work I absolutely look forward to doing. It's work that I want to get right. It's work that I long to get better at each and every year. It's work that I get enjoyment and fulfillment from. But most importantly, it's work that I witness John doing as well.

 photo IMG_5342_zpsqmaaw15a.jpg  photo IMG_5267_zpsff12wzh4.jpg

John and I agreed after Evan was born that we would try our hardest to go on a date at least once a month sans kids and a vacation once a year sans kids.

Some years those 'vacations' may be a 24 hour trip to Nashville to go to a concert, or a night downtown at the Westin. One year we took the boys to see family and were able to drive 2 hours to the beach for one night.

Some years, we go big. Some years, we knock it out of the park. Sometimes, we go to Cancun and drink a lot of mojitos. So many in fact that when the bartenders sees you walking to your cabana he says, "mojitos senorita...DOOO-BLAY!"

 photo IMG_5404_zpsh6vluk8c.jpg

 photo IMG_5272_zpsv4njmnmy.jpg  photo IMG_5353_zpsw6ie320y.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment