Saturday, September 17, 2016

Kindergarten

Even though my baby has been going to 'school' since 3 month olds, there is just something about starting Kindergarten. It's a huge milestone for him and his momma. There wasn't any blubbering this year, but I did continue the tradition of reading him "The Kissing Hand". Luke isn't always my sensitive one. He is analytical...a deep thinker...like his daddy.

PK Luke and SK Luke
 photo DSC_0524_zps10f144f8.jpg  photo bbfcc72c-a629-4c91-9817-cef9b00e62d8_zpsbhbqjfji.jpg
 photo B8C3EF1D-23B2-484A-88B9-E72586025002_zpscavfodqv.jpg

Luke was placed in the fabulous Mrs. Templeton and Mrs. Crane's room. These two ladies are miracles workers and truly love their kids. 
 photo 0B48BF2F-7950-415B-B84E-533C7E69F316_zpsppdakmfq.jpg

Luke isn't one to make friends quickly. He loves his friends, but keeps most new people at an arm's distance for a while. So when he one day come running to me and was super excited to introduce me to his new friend. He kept calling her MY Makenna while beaming...BEAMING. Later on the way home, we had this conversation
Me: Luke, I am so glad you made a new friend today. I bet she was nervous coming into a new school and you made her feel good.
Luke: Yeah, well...I am gonna marry Makenna.
Me: Oh...really.
Luke: Yup, I am going to marry Makenna because she's beautiful. I'm gonna marry her fair and square.

No worries, I've already texted the future in-laws about the agreement. 

One of the biggest deals about Kindergarten is eating in the cafeteria!! Such a big deal! We went a couple days of bringing out lunch and getting use to the 'feel' of the place. But by Thursday he came home demanding we NOT send a lunch box. While he was getting his lunch items he told Mrs. Crane he had to have cheese for protein. Now I am not quite sure what food group the Krave cereal goes into. But look at that proud face!! 
 photo IMG_9104_zpsf1hyuexa.jpg

And when you make it through your VERY FIRST week of Kindergarten, you have to celebrate with chocolate donuts. Oh Lukey, I am so proud of you. I pray this year opens your heart and your mind to all the amazing possibilities God has for you.

 photo IMG_9011_zpspri1e7kg.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment