Saturday, March 11, 2017

Rainforest Program

Third grade's big learning production is the Rainforest Program. It's their big performance of the year. When John texted me that he had a huge presentation for that morning, I was upset. I took a deep breath and while telling him I was upset, also knew we would be okay. There was a dress rehearsal for the school and he could attend that. What was even better was we got to sit with Luke!


You know those little 'God moments'? Those moments you aren't sure why they are happening, but will surely reveal its reason soon? This was one of those. I got to sit in the second row (with Luke's class) and give my full attention to Evan with my sweet little family.

The next day there was a family emergency with one of my co-workers and I had to run the light show for the program. I had only viewed the program once and I wasn't paying attention to specific light cues. I just knew the lighting was baller! The program started at 8:30. I found out I needed to run everything at 7:00 while standing in my bathroom with wet hair. Thankfully, God sent another angel from my team, who isn't at my campus but just happened to stop by that morning. Together with him running sound and me running lights, no one was the wiser about our lack of practice. That and the person who set up the show left impeccable details on his show.

So I was able to enjoy the show with my family because my husband had a huge presentation. Had he been able to attend the day of the show, I wouldn't have sat with my family nor been able to enjoy the show due to the stressful events of the morning. God's pretty cool like that.

The students spend weeks brushing up on their knowledge of the rainforest to present to the parents. They each got to choose which venue they wanted to share their knowledge. There was an art group, a technology group, a drama group, and a newscast group. Evan chose to be in the drama group. This came as no surprise since we all know he loves the limelight.


He played "The Man". The Man wanted to cut down the great kapok tree. After some chopping "Whack, Chop, Chop Whack" <---his lines, he sat down to rest and fell fast asleep.


Different animals of the rainforest came to visit The Man and tell him why he shouldn't cut down the tree.





When he awoke he grabbed his ax and.....walked away.


The kids sang some great songs and we all know Evan loves to dance






I love my little Man and his energy in front of people. I pray he is able to use it to change people's hearts for the good...just like in this Rainforest Program!!

No comments:

Post a Comment