Sunday, December 24, 2017

Jolly Ole St. Nicholas

We went to visit Santa!

There was quite a wait and it was super cold outside, so we made the most of it by playing word games, taking selfies and posing with reindeer. 


While we were standing in line Luke asked me to lean down so he could whisper something in my ear. He said, 'I know that is the real Santa. I know that because he has on those little glasses."

There were several babies in front of us in line, so Santa didn't have much to do but sit, hold a baby, and smile. I think he was glad to see these two for a little interaction. 


I am not sure who had more fun, Santa or the boys!! My kiddos know they are only allowed to ask for 3 presents from Santa. Both boys counted off their presents with their fingers. For some reason, Santa thought was hysterical and challenged them to list their presents without using their hands. Luke couldn't do it!! He comes by it honestly. 



They even did some silly face pictures where Santa gave the kid bunny ears. He was a jolly ole St. Nick!

My favorite part was when Santa asked them if they had been good. Crickets. You could hear a pin drop. The glanced my way with their eyebrows raised. I said, "Well, at least they are honest!!" That got a couple chuckles out the bearded fellow. 

In the end, Santa negotiated that five cookies be left for him on Christmas Eve. We won't forget his reindeer either!! Carrots and reindeer food on the lawn!

No comments:

Post a Comment