Monday, December 18, 2017

Though we wobble to and fro

The SK/1st Christmas program got a little revamp this year! Mrs. Broadway plus the teachers and some little Christmas angels (I'm looking at you Allison, Tracy, and Jessica) guided the kids to put on this magnificent play called Simple Gifts.


I was amazed what the kids got out of this play. Since I am blessed to work where my child goes, I got to hear all the chatter about the play from the kids. They didn't just memorize lines, choreography, blocking, and song, they truly understood the story they were acting out. The animals were able to provide simple gifts to baby Jesus. The cows gave their manager, the sheeps gave their wool, the donkey gave his back, the camels gave the wise men a safe passage.

Luke played the all important part of a camel who carried the wisemen to see Jesus. Though they wobbled to and fro, they would never forget which way to go. No way! No way!


Of course, Luke had an entire row for a cheering section. Again, I don't know if my kids understand how blessed they are to have family so close.



Here's to your simple gifts this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment