Friday, April 20, 2018

Double Digits!

I can't believe it. I have a ten year old. 


Evan. I cannot even put into words what you mean to our family. You are our passionate one. Your heart burns bight. You hate injustice and truly believe you can change the world. You can be stubborn and fiercely protective. You are smart while still searching for knowledge. You love people. Oh, how you love people. You believe in people. You believe in people when they don't believe in themselves. You are loyal, true, and the most empathetic person I know. Evan, I look up to you and pray you seek the desires God has for your life. 

We started the big celebration with some paintball. Now, this was low impact paintball which means the guns were lighter, the paintballs were smaller, and the hits wouldn't hurt 'as much'. Looking at the bruise that is on Evan's leg a week later, I would say 'low impact' still hurts. 




It started raining as soon as the boys put on their gear. I mean...raining! Thank heavens for no lightning, but they were soaked before they even made it out to the battlefield. With ten year old boys, the rain only added to the fun. For this 40 year old momma, it did not. 

They had epic capture the flag battle in the woods and on the field for about an hour. Evan told me, "it felt like being in a real-life video game!" He can't wait to go back.

We had family over on his actual birthday. Evan got everything he asked for and more! He even got a special birthday song by Callie!







I think turning ten was Evan's favorite, even with a swollen nose!

No comments:

Post a Comment