Sunday, December 30, 2018

You know it's not all about Santa...

This little one never fails to surprise me. The way his brain works astonishes me. He is always thinking.

He is quite the introvert. During the school year, we don't get a lot out of him when he is at home. As an introvert, he has spent almost every ounce of energy during his 9.5 hours at school. #workingmomproblems So when we get home we get a lot of one-word answers. I get it...it took me a while to get it, but I get it. He's an introvert. He needs a while to recharge.

When we have full days together, he does a lot of talking. I mean a lot.

One day he looked at me and said, "Mom, you know Christmas isn't all about Santa, right?" I told him I thought I knew that but to help me understand better.


He launches into a very detailed about the 'reason for the season'. I keep very quiet which for anyone who knows me knows that was difficult. I let him explain the miraculous birth that happened so many years ago and the baby that was sent down to save us.

When he got done, I guess he is used to me talking more than listening. He looked at me with his little head cocked to one side and said, "You get it?"

Yes, Luke, I get it. I am so glad you get it too.



No comments:

Post a Comment