Sunday, December 30, 2018

Christmas Cards

Merry Christmas from the Asbells!

Last year I explained how much I love Christmas cards. I still do. There is a lot of work that goes into it, but being able to thumb through the years of Christmas cards and see all our friends and families grow up just hits that nostalgic button for me.

Eight years of collecting cards. Eight years of us sending cards.


In years' past, I have always had a slight panic when it comes to taking the Christmas card picture. This year was no different. I panicked without much action. I would just casually say to John, "Oh my goshhhhh, I haven't even taken the Christmas card picture yet," and then go about our day with no plans to actually take the picture. Effective, I know.

One day as I had just sat down to read a book John pokes his head in the room and says, "Hey....today would be a really good day to get the picture." Cue internal freakout. But where will we go? What will they wear? Before I could even UTTER a single one of these worries out loud, John interjects with "and I have their clothes already laid out. I bet a picture by the tree would be good."

Wait. Where is my freak out moment? Where is my panic?


It takes about 15 minutes from start to finish to get the boys dressed and capture the picture I want. Maybe they are just getting older and it's not as hard to wrangle them. Maybe I am getting older and I understand the picture doesn't have to be perfect. Maybe it was just the perfect day and perfect time with the perfect husband to remind me to just do it.

But my favorite part is always the outtakes. Evan was trying to get Luke to adjust his head so he didn't have 6 chins which causes a lot of laughter from all of us.


It didn't take long to get the perfect picture of these imperfect boys. What I do know is they are perfect for me!

For more Christmas card posts from years past click here: 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014 (my favorite).

No comments:

Post a Comment