Wednesday, January 1, 2020

CA bound!!!

You know that week between Christmas and New Years where you don't know what day it is or what you are supposed to be doing? Yeah, I had had enough of those...so we planned a trip!

Evan was getting over the flu and the nice doctor prescribed us Tamiflu for Luke as a preventative. He took the first two doses with no problem. I threw the third dose at him as we left at 5:30am on the 26th.


You see those faces? One newly healthy, and one newly sick....Luke started throwing up on the plane about half an hour in the air.

Technically, he threw up in the lobby of the airport, but to me, it just seemed like spit up and I chalked it up to being motion sick from the car ride. Even though he doesn't get motion sick...at all....I might have been deep in that river of DENIAL. John was Luke's plane partner and had to hold the sick bags for him each time. I thought I was helping out by sitting next to the just recovered, really does get motion sick child. Turns out, I had the easy seat.

We bought some Dramamine on the layover and with 13 minutes left to spare before the next flight we sent up some prayers for flight 2 to be uneventful.

I sat next to Luke this time armed with all the sick bags I could find. We loaded up with Dramamine and said a couple more prayers. He feel asleep almost instantly. When he woke up he announced he was hungry. Since it had been two hours since his last 'event', I tested the waters. He ended up eating 2 bags of pretzels, 4 cookies, 1 fruit bar, and some other snack I can't even remember. I think he was healed.

Thankfully we arrived in San Francisco with no other drama. We were ready for a couple days of family, food, and fun!


Fierce Ping Pong competition all weekend long! They might have ALMOST convinced us to get a ping pong table and/or basketball goal!



No comments:

Post a Comment