Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Christmas Flu

On the last day of Christmas, my true love gave to me....one diagnosis of the Flu B.

The flu has hit St. George's hard this winter. I thought we escaped all of that sickness until the evening of the 23rd. Evan announced around 9pm that he was going to bed. I can count on ONE hand the number of times Evan has said he wants to go to bed. He mentioned not feeling good, but we chalked it up to a busy day playing outside and running around.

About 1:30am he appeared in our room saying he was sick. With one cheek against his forever, the mom check for fever, I knew we were in for a rough Christmas.

Christmas Eve morning we were at the doctor's office first thing. I was convinced and fervently praying, it was strep. I knew with strep, we'd only be down 24 hours and our trip to CA would still be on. With the flu, I had my doubts. We tested him for both and left before the results came in. The doctor said he'd call with either prescription. 


I got a call about an hour later it was the flu. I went to get the Tamiflu along with all the things to disinfect the house while making all the phone calls. Cancelling Christmas Eve, warning our family about Christmas day, and possibly making alternate plans for our trip to California. I was in total go mode.

Sadly, the Tamiflu made Evan sick....like bad sick. I have some amazing friends in the medical field who were able to hook me up with a different flu drug. We gave it to him and kept our fingers crossed.

Nonna and Pop still planned their trip on Christmas Eve saying germs weren't going to keep them away, so we were able to celebrate with them. Luke and I went over the Gran and Jed to celebrate with them. 


Evan was able to get up Christmas morning and open presents! He even wanted to eat pancakes! He may have needed a two hour nap after all that excitement, but it was nice he could come downstairs!





Luke was so surprised with a letter from Joey, his elf!


After Evan's nap, he felt good enough to go to Janice's. He had been fever free all morning! It was a Christmas miracle!!





But again, after about 2 hours, he needed some rest time. I spent the rest of Christmas packing for San Francisco, still praying he'd wake up fever free so he wouldn't be contagious anymore! Thankfully that 5am alarm went off and Evan was ready to fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment