Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Easter Weekend

We had a big Easter weekend! Even though we were still in the middle of trying to get the house packed up, we paused to spend some quality time with the family.

I didn't pump up the Easter bunny as much as I did Santa. Santa and I were BFF the month of December. I used and abused that fictional character as much as I could. Easter snuck up on me this year, so I didn't really take the Easter bunny to its full potential this year. Either way, both boys woke up to baskets this year. I don't go too overboard with any gift giving, but I like the guys to have a little happy.



Luke wasn't too into the baskets or egg hunting, so Evan got to reap the rewards of finding all the eggs.  I might have reused the eggs he got from his Easter Egg hunt in PK...but you can't prove it. Hey, it's recycling at its best!


John played at the Methodist church that morning. I forgot to get the boys Easter clothes (wasn't God soooo smart not to give me girls??) so I found something clean, threw it on, and out we went. Again, Luke wasn't feeling the nursery that day, so I spent most of the service walking around outside on the playground with him.

 

After church we went straight over to Grandmom's house for Easter dinner, more loot, and more egg hunts! Grandmom's house always has delicious food, fun loot, and exciting egg hunts. :)


 


Fun times with the bubble gun

We knew a nap was in order after all that excitement from the day, but the boys were promised MORE family time once they woke up. We went to see Gran and Jed for Easter dinner. Amazing how we could find room for just a little bit more yummy food.



Next year, we will have been in our house for a full year. I will be much more prepared and be able to do those special Easter things with the kids! This year they had a blast because it was all about family. These are the people who love my kids the most. We were surrounded by love, which makes my heart happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment