Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas with family

We celebrate Christmas with my mom and stepdad on the 22nd or 23rd, John's dad and stepmom on Christmas Eve and John's mom and stepdad on Christmas Day. It's so nice to have special days with each of them rather than trying to cram every visit into one day. I am thankful everyone is accommodating to our schedule. I know the kids appreciate it too even if they aren't old enough to express it.

Christmas at Gran and Jed's. 
Evan was so cute opening presents at my mom's. Every present he opened he would scream, "This is JUST what I wanted!!" Of course, the four year old attitude still prevailed and after he opened everything he said, "Where are the rest of my presents?" Maybe we still have some work to do....

Photobucket Photobucket

Last year Luke couldn't even open a present by himself. This year he started getting the hang of it at mom's. He needed juuuuust a little help. 
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

We let the kids open all their gifts first so they could run around and play with their presents while we enjoyed an adult meal. The food was yummy but this is what Christmas is like at my mom's. Treats, treats and more treats! And this spread is only about half of what she usually does! No one can make fudge like my mom....

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Christmas at Grandma and PaPa Charlie's
There is always so much food, so many presents, and SO much fun at Christmas at John's mom's. The kids opened one present before dinner, but that didn't really appease them, so I had to break out the electronic devices. Before I had kids this was one of my pet peeves. Kids playing on electronics during dinner. Then I had kids...and wanted to enjoy my dinner...

Photobucket

The kids loved all their presents, and there was a lot to love!
Photobucket Photobucket 
Photobucket Photobucket

And of course there was lot of family to see. Family is very special to us. Mamaws, Bob, Uncle Buck, Paul and Jessica, Uncle Jason and Aunt Melissa all enjoyed a dinner made by Grandma and PaPa Charlie.

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment