Sunday, June 2, 2013

"Because it's May...."

May is a bittersweet month around here. On one hand, we are teased with days until summer break. On the other hand it is probably the busiest time for an educator. I was at a birthday party and another mother said, "It's easy to tell who is a teacher this month. Y'all all have the same expression on your face." I laughed so hard I almost cried. Or maybe I was crying... Another teacher friend told me she had used "because it's May..." as an excuse for everything. We haven't had a hot dinner in 7 days...it's May. I might be wearing two different socks...it's May. Why is there a student standing on that table? It's May.

Evan has had such an amazing time with his friends, his teachers, his class. May is always hectic (hence the lack of blogging), but trust me, it's hard to compare to the excitement of the last day of school!! See the excitement in my face!!??!! And I don't EVEN get a summer break!! 
 photo null_zpsd532a035.jpg

School ended with a lot of festivities. One was field day. They had about 10 stations set up, and the kids had a blast! It was a kid only event (no parents) but one of the perks of working at the school in which your child attends is when you walk across campus and they are having field day, you get to stop and watch. :)

 photo null_zpsb66d2e65.jpg  photo null_zps43857122.jpg  photo null_zps6a3337de.jpg  photo null_zps36b765e3.jpg

The class party was the last day of school and I have to admit, there were tears from momma. Evan has not only grown so much academically, he true spirit been nurtured. Mrs. Foreman and Mrs. Cummins loved that little boy for exactly who is; a kind, wild, attention seeking, big hearted, leader. They had their finger on exactly who he is and what he needed to grow in every area of his little 5 year old life.

 photo null_zpsfdee4dd4.jpg  photo null_zps5f3aa4c8.jpg

Another thing my work does is celebrate! The teachers got to celebrate the end of the school year as well! We worked hard all year (especially in May) and deserved it! Happy Summer Break to all my teacher friends!!

 photo null_zpsb762343a.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment