Sunday, August 4, 2013

Pretty Simplistic Summer

I haven't blogged much this summer because, well, we haven't done much.
 photo null_zpsbd122427.jpg

This was a big summer as far as work goes for John and me. This is my first summer as the Director of Academic Technology for the Lower School and by gosh, I had a lot of prove. Last summer was a disaster putting it mildly. I was hell bent to change this around for our department. I lived by one Tina Fey quote. Sadly, it has two cuss words in it so I have to modify it. "{Demanding women} get {stuff} done." Even modified, I am sure you can figure it out.
As I have mentioned John started a new job. He was with Sunset for 13 years and it was time for a change. While the company and the people who work there are fabulous, John had outgrown his position. It was time for him to move on. He is now a project manager for KBM group. You can ask him what that means next time you see him because I am still trying to figure that out. To walk into this company as a manager means you have to play catch up quite quickly, which means longer hours and more working from home.

 photo null_zpscab3bd0a.jpg

So while Mommy and Daddy are being work-a-holics, the boys are being boys. While John's hours have gotten longer, my summer hours (over tomorrow) were shorter, so the boys and I had more mommy son time. The great thing about our family is when we are together, we are together. It is 100% family time. John and I make sure the amount of time we have with the boys is spent with the boys. This summer was filled with many hours at the pool, bike rides, wagon rides, picnics, baseball, baseball and more baseball.

 photo null_zpsde8120fe.jpg
 photo null_zps83499442.jpg  photo null_zps6beb2ec7.jpg
 photo null_zps69cecdac.jpg  photo null_zps688c3b1d.jpg

Also, after 35 years I have conquered the grill. I feel like I should do the Tim Allen man grunt. I don't know why I waited this long to accomplish this feat!
 photo null_zps8e6479da.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment