Sunday, December 15, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

If you have known me for a minute, you know that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Christmas is magical and I do love it, but Thanksgiving wins hands down in my book. It's one day of food, family and fun. Plus we get the next day off for leftovers and recovery!

We spend Thanksgiving with John's mom. She makes food for about 40 people. There are only 10 at the table, but there is enough food for 40! I am so very thankful Mamaws got to come up for dinner. This year has been pretty tough for her, but she keeps her mind and eyes on the positive. She loved seeing my boys and Evan was most estactic to be able to spend some time with her. 
 photo tgiving_zpsa2dee479.jpg  photo tgiving2_zps29ecd553.jpg 

 We were very excited Jason and Melissa got to come up from Texas! Jason and Melissa are expecting their first sweet baby, Skylar, in January, so their annual Christmas trip had to get pushed up to Thanksgiving. They brought their entire furry family and my boys couldn't get enough of the pups!
  photo tgiving6_zpsb3550dd5.jpg

 photo tgiving4_zps5f2fda59.jpg  photo tgiving5_zps6c3f186b.jpg

The day after Thanksgiving we continue the eating at our house. I host a "Day After Thanksgiving Thanksgiving Dinner" for John's dad's side of the family, my family and anyone else we can convince to come eat with us. I love love love making dinner for all these people. It seriously warms my heart. I started Thanksgiving night and cooked for 6 straight hours on Friday, all with a smile on my face!

 photo tgiving7_zps6e3e6610.jpg  photo tgiving10_zps539be273.jpg  photo tgiving8_zpscd02afb5.jpg  photo tgiving9_zps763f3914.jpg  photo tgiving11_zpsead53fca.jpg

I could not love this photobomb of Luke any more!!

 photo tgiving13_zps03bf371e.jpg 
 Nonna/Pop and their boys
   photo tgiving14_zpsf98a9140.jpg  photo tgiving15_zps66d0cbd5.jpg

And all the Asbell boys already being protective of the newest little Asbell to come!
 photo tgiving16_zps0c1081ca.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment