Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Christmas Cards

 photo Screen Shot 2015-12-22 at 1.45.01 PM_zpslmjetuhs.png

I love Christmas cards.
I love picking out their outfits.
I love taking the pictures (even though my husband says it stresses me out).
I love picking out the one picture that describes us that year.
I love pouring through all the holiday card websites to find the one I want.
I love making several choices of cards. 
I love mail merging my on-going forever list of addresses (total geek alert!)
I love printing the labels, stuffing the envelopes, and taking one last look at my stack before putting it in the mailbox.

But most of all I love RECEIVING Christmas cards! 

In our old house I lined the threshold leading into the den with all our cards. I walked through that door a thousand times a day, and it just made me happy.

(We were babies with a baby! John looks 12.)
 photo DSCF1925.jpg

When we moved to the new house 4 years ago I had to find a new place.
Ta-da! Up the stairs they went!
 photo 4E3B6506-3E99-483C-8685-AF73FFF0E52F_zpshr1l4klg.jpg

Because I understand all the time and energy that goes into creating, stuffing, and mailing Christmas cards, I keep all the cards our house receives. I'd love to say that we go through them each night throughout the year praying over a different family from our cards, but...I barely get these boys to bed with a simple "thank you for preventing me from shaking my child". #goals Until then, they make a nice Christmas display every year.
 photo E73210E1-784C-4847-84EE-2CF4828EF3EC_zpstdyxjded.jpg

This was a close second for this year's card. I might just have one printed for me. We sure do make handsome boys. 
Seriously though, these faces to me mean this:
Luke: hey hey Evan...I have some mischief we can get into.
Evan: Wait...mom's watching...just smile and hug and she'll get all gushy on us. When she dabs her eyes, we can make our move. 
 photo Screen Shot 2015-12-22 at 9.19.26 AM_zpslhuvgdyb.png


But you know what's the most fun of all?? The outtakes!!! Gah, these boys...
This is not the first time Luke's head has appeared like a giant monster head.
 photo DSC_0141_zpscr3xacw0.jpg

Oh, of course Luke and Evan, you can take the camera and play photographer...because Mommy only planned YOUR outfits...not ours. Heck, I doubt I had even showered. 
 photo DSC_0147_zpscftfnjbj.jpg
 photo DSC_0152_zpsaq13l2es.jpg


I am glad your joyful little guy but HOLD STILL!! Poor Evan, he didn't even move a facial muscle.
 photo DSC_0158_zpsbxosuv9o.jpg  photo DSC_0159_zpsz68wnklt.jpg

Not sure which is better, Luke 'duh' face or the photobomber.
After the second picture, Evan said, "Uh, mom...I think he's done." Yup. So am I.

 photo DSC_0163_zpsv4p3raqg.jpg  photo DSC_0175_zpspxbyngcb.jpg

Because they really did so good, we took them over to Square Beans for a treat. Heck, after all that mommy and daddy deserved a treat as well.

 photo CFB80607-C8C3-4003-84B7-DF57DEF7D475_zpsaepmppfc.jpg 
 photo DSC_0178_zpsqryulnbp.jpg  photo DSC_0179_zpssp7latko.jpg  photo DSC_0181_zpsmt5xhasj.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment