Saturday, December 5, 2015

Grandparents' Day

Not to host my own pity party, but I didn't have a strong grandparent presence in my life. Both my grandfathers passed before I was born and my mom's mom died when I was 3, so I don't have any real memories of her. My dad's mom lived until after I was married, but I was her 13th grandchild. She was kind of over the whole grandchildren thing by then. Plus dad was the youngest of 5 and I was a surprise when he was 40....you get it.

So for my kids to have such strong grandparent support means so much to me. My boys know each and everyone of these people would move heaven and earth for them. Each of them means something different to my boys which makes their bond with them even more special. Evan had a small writing activity in honor of Grandparents' Day and I was really amazed how accurately he described each grandparent and the special unique moments each of them brings to my children's lives. Grandmom and Pawpaw Charlie (not pictured), Gran and Jed, Nonna and Pop, you will never know how much Evan and Luke love and appreciate you!!

 photo 7B575474-4EEA-4022-8C3E-CB4406B34C96_zpsd7ambddt.jpg


This is out of order in the blog (because Grandparents' Day happened before Thanksgiving), but I want this picture in our yearly book.

No comments:

Post a Comment