Sunday, November 4, 2012

Halloween 2012


Halloween this year was met with great enthusiasm by my 4 year old. He went from wanting to be the red Hulk, to just the regular Hulk, to IronMan (which he was last year), to a mummy before settling on a ninja. We found him a ninja costume just days before Halloween and John even stumbled upon an ultra cool light up sword.

Halloween morning Evan's JK class had a Halloween party. I am so blessed to work at his school and attend his events! It's special because some of these kids I have known since birth and others are new great friends! I can't wait to watch them all grow up together.





Luke didn't care much about the holiday or the costume. Poor sweet guy just kept saying, "No...no...no Buzz. No...no...no Buzz!" This picture reminds me of the defeated Buzz in Toy Story 1. Remember when he found out he really was a toy?


But after calming down with some of his best friends (Foofa, Plex, DJ Lance, Moono, Tuti, and Brobee) he got into the Halloween spirit.



We had a small cove party down the street. Since we are in a new neighborhood no one has ever trick or treated here before! I thought it would be a good idea to start a neighborhood tradition. After talking with some other ladies on the social committee (we made up our own title) we decided on costumes and beverages in the cove. The kids had a blast and the parents had a great time catching up. Evan really latched on to his friend Kamryn. They were stuck like glue! At one point they were comparing break dancing moves. I even saw them trying to sneak away and go look at the pretty Halloween lights together. What a little romeo!


Evan asked if Kamryn could come trick or treating, so the 5 of us set off to knock on the doors of all the houses between the cove and our house. Once we got home all three kids dug into their loot and the snack mix.



To say we have too much candy in this house is putting it lightly. I am eating more candy than these kids!! It doesn't help that I bought John and my favorite kind to 'pass out'. Some beautiful wonderful mother told me about the Switch Witch. The switch witch comes at some point after Halloween and switches the candy for money. Yet this candy is helping me bribe my son to do all sorts of things...

1 comment:

  1. So much fun!! Love your new tradition :) and we use the candy for brining over here too

    ReplyDelete