Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Have I mentioned I love this holiday? Just kidding...

We started off my favorite holiday of the year at playground. My little jackrussells, I mean kids, needed time and space to burn off energy. They had a ball and the leaves were just beautiful.

Photobucket Photobucket

We spent the afternoon and evening at Janice's house and I am so sad I didn't take out my camera. I have NO idea what got into me. I was so busy running my mouth, I didn't take a single shot. It was great catching up with Janice, Charlie, Mamaws, Bob, Uncle Buck, Jessica and Paul. We missed Jason and Melissa terribly, but know we get to spend a solid week with them at Christmas.

The day after Thanksgiving is when John and I host our big Thanksgiving dinner. We go between calling it "The day after Thanksgiving Thanksgiving" or "Black Friday Thanksgiving". This year, Uncle Fred got to come down from DC. Everyone cleaned their plates and some might have even cleaned it twice. Here's our menu with links included.

Our Menu
Grilled Turkey
Apple Bacon Stuffing
Regular Cranberry Sauce
Rolls
Apple and Pecan Pie
and wine...lots of wine..

Photobucket    Photobucket

We loved having Gran and Jed, Uncle Fred, Pop and Nonna, Terry, Angela and Gemma over for dinner. Family and framily (friends that are like family - thanks Cherrelvis) mean the world to us. 

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket 
Photobucket

Photobucket

After dinner the kids loved playing in the floor together. I just could NOT get over how BIG Luke looked next to Gemma. I know he's almost 1.5 years older, but he just looked like a big boy...sniff sniff.


Photobucket Photobucket

We ended the night with full bellies and full hearts. To me, it was the perfect Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment