Wednesday, November 21, 2012

November recap

The first half of November was great for us. 


We celebrated my birthday by gorging ourselves at The Melting Pot. We have been going to The Melting Pot for my birthday or our anniversary for years and years. We have seen it shut down and reopen under new management. We know which table is our favorite and *just* how to manipulate the menu so we get our favorites without feeling like we swallowed a bus.
For some reason we didn't do that this time and walked away so full we thought we might exploded. But somehow...someway...we had room for this. It was tough, but only the strong survive.


I also attended my very first painting party!! The Stirring held a painting party at Art and Soul in Germantown. There little studio is the cutest! And they have awesome painting choices. I am self proclaim special ed art student. No, seriously, my stick figures need help. One time when I was teaching 2nd grade, while I was teaching (and drawing an example) a sweet student raised her hand and said, "Mrs. Asbell, You're a good teacher, but drawing is not one of your gifts." So if I can create art that I love at this place, ANYONE can create beautiful piece at this place. 


John played a benefit concert for Team Smith at Neil's on November 11. The Stirring Band, The Plaintiffs, and Gabby Johnson all donated their time and talents to help Team Smith raise $4000! I really could not be more proud of John and all our friends for uniting together to help our friends. 



Here is a video of when TS Band played Simple Man. I was videoing it because Cheryl had to make an unexpected trip back to the hospital. This was TS Band's surprise to her, and I wanted to capture it for her. I cut off at the end because Cheryl actually walked in during Hal's solo.


This weather has been INSANE. We have played at the park or a playground every weekend for 2+ hours. These boys are like jack russells. They have to get out and run or they go crazy!! Yes, I just compared my kids to dogs. Cute, adorable, excited dogs. #dontjudge

Did I mention being half monkey runs in our  family? 

 
Evan has learned how to cross the monkey bars like a boss! He looks like such a big boy when he does it!! What a champ!

November has flown by (it doesn't help Thanksgiving is early)! I am super excited about my all time favorite holiday coming up in a couple days. Expect multiple post since it IS the most wonderful time of year....

No comments:

Post a Comment