Friday, May 30, 2014

Kindergarten is over!


Evan finished up SK last week. They ended their year with an Field Day and End of the Year Parties. Evan deemed this the best day of the year.

 photo DSC_0583_zpsd84003cb.jpg  photo DSC_0553_zpsa556f07a.jpg

Thankfully the tears didn't flow like they did before The Night Before Kindergarten, but it is still bittersweet to see him as a first grader now.

First Day of Kindergarten and Last Day of Kindergarten
 photo IMG_0700_zps41c07330.jpg  photo DSC_0535_zpsa7982cd0.jpg

He's grown in leaps and bounds this year. His reading has sky rocketed to where he is independently reading chapter books with great enthusiasm. His patience for himself and others has grown. He's learned he doesn't have to be right the first time and it's okay to ask for help. And his heart...his heart has always been big. Even when he couldn't count to 30 or read one word, his heart for people and others is his strongest feature. That has been nurtured through school, church and home. I can see the young man he wants to be and I want to do whatever it takes to help him get there.

This school wrap up wouldn't be complete without an amazing shout out to Evan's two amazing teachers, Mrs. Finney and Miss Monroe. I wish I could capture what these two ladies mean to me. When I turn my child over to a teacher for a full year, I do it with confidence and apprehension, hope and worry, faith and fear. These two women have help Evan become who he is through personal, academic and spiritual growth. I am lucky enough to work with them as well, and I am able to see what amazing people they are everyday. Thank you ladies...thank you.

 photo DSC_0591_zps850eca4d.jpg  photo DSC_0589_zps3aae4f98.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment