Saturday, May 24, 2014

Mother's Day


My Mother's Day this year was so special. I really couldn't have asked for a better weekend!

The celebration started on Friday when Evan had his Kindergarten Spring/Mother's Day Program. He did so good. They sang old favorites like, Take Me Out to the Ball Game, This Little Light of Mine, John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt, Oh Susannah, and a couple songs about mothers that didn't leave a dry eye in the room.

 photo Mday8_zpsed10ab35.jpg  photo Mday7_zpsdb483601.jpg  photo Mday6_zpsd567f8e8.jpg  photo Mday1_zpsf266d522.jpg

Evan had a special part. He played the Doctor in Miss Polly had a Dolly. His long time friend Lila was the dolly's mom. He did really really well during the program. I can honestly say I was a little worried. In the dress rehearsal for the school, he stopped the entire show because he forgot his bag. Everyone was in place, the teacher was about to start the rhyme and all the sudden Evan says, "Wait, wait wait!!! I forgot my bag!" and ran off stage. When he came back he said, "Okay, I'm ready!" Let's just say there wasn't a dry eye in the room for a different reason.

 photo Mday4_zpsa1ad9e47.jpg  photo Mday3_zps18fbcbc4.jpg
 photo Mday2_zps19d730cd.jpg

We are so very lucky to have the grandparents live in town. They are always make a nice cheering section. 

 photo Mday10_zps58820e72.jpg  photo mday15_zpsce125a7f.jpg 
 photo mday14_zps23f51153.jpg  photo Mday13_zps90ea7ffc.jpg

We had a family cookout on Saturday night. Gran, Jed and Grandmom all joined us to celebrate moms! Nonna and Pop were at the boat and were missed, but we got to wish Nonna a Happy Mother's Day over the phone.

 photo Mday11_zpsb7daa52e.jpg  photo mday17_zps57adda57.jpg
 photo mday18_zps89853fac.jpg

Sunday I was able to do yoga, relax by the pool (with kids of course) and go to church. My boys got be this beautiful necklace that I LOVE! But these four arms around my neck are my favorite accessory of all.
 photo mday22_zps69a8ebb8.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment