Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Merry Christmas from Joey the Elf

Christmas morning always comes with a tinge of sadness for me. It's so fast. So fleeting. We prepare for this holiday for over a month and then poof...it's gone. I always want it to last a little bit longer.

The kids are SO good about letting us sleep. We usually have a lot of people at our house on Christmas Eve, so everyone's tired. Even if they wake up at 6am, they usually let us sleep until 7am. :)

This year, Joey the Elf, gave them an early Christmas present by downloading a video game to their console. Just imagine their surprise (and ours) when they discovered this not so hidden gem on their Xbox! Joey also gave them a DIFFERENT present on Christmas morning.

My phone chimed on Christmas morning before we started opening our presents. As usual, I had no idea where my phone was, so I asked Evan to help me find it. When we unearthed it from the tissue, wrapping papers, and toys from the night before, Evan saw this.


He told me what he saw, but I hadn't had my coffee yet, so I was confused. Surely he read "The Elf" part wrong, but wait, I don't really know a Joey? And would this Joey I don't know have a last name that rhymes with elf?? I opened my phone and saw there was indeed a text from Joey, our elf. It was just a picture, but it was one of the most exciting presents the boys could have gotten.

This was Evan's face when he saw the picture. Luke is still not very sure what's going on, but he isn't very demonstrative, anyway. Joey left us with one final gift. Believe, he told them through this picture. Simply, believe. 


After that, the boys didn't wait long to tear into their presents. They started with stockings which were full of magazines and candy!


Then they moved to the big items! Presents under the tree!!






Praying the Christmas spirit lives in you two for many many more years.

No comments:

Post a Comment