Saturday, June 22, 2019

Easter Sunday

After Maundy Thursday, I usually reserve Good Friday, Saturday, and Easter Sunday for rest. This year was no different. We rested all weekend and were ready for some great family time on Sunday.



The kids' Easter baskets look so much different now that they are older. I am not a huge fan of giving 'gifts' at Easter. My family never did big Easter baskets, so I never did it up big with my kids. As they get older I found myself wanting to focus on His gift to us more than our gift to them. I want Easter to be more about the gift of salvation rather than the gifts from the Easter bunny. 

My kids did wake up to baskets though. What I love about this age is I can 'gift' things they need! PJs, slides, t-shirts, etc. Well, they don't need chips, but it sure makes for a cheap treat. :)




The highlight of our day is always dinner at Grandmom's. Grandmom also plans a super fun egg hunt. All the eggs have coins in them, which makes the boys hunt faster. Of course, the teacher in me can't help but make them count the money after they take it out of the eggs. 




They also found a frog. I was less than enthused about this discovery.

I love this family so much! We are blessed to be able to celebrate His amazing love together!





No comments:

Post a Comment