Friday, June 21, 2019

Give ma reason to PANIC!

Evan went to his very first concert!!!

A friend from work was trying to sell her Panic at the Disco tickets. I knew Evan had become a huge fan as of late. He knew all their songs and was knowledgeable about their musicians. I jumped on the chance to get the tickets.



John was out of town, so we had to get a babysitter for Luke. I was worried Luke would feel left out by not going to the concert, but in my momma heart, knew he wasn't ready. It was going to be a late night AND he's not a huge fan of loud places and crowds. Three strikes. Because of this, I wanted to make it really fun for Luke. I got one of his favorite aftercare workers to come babysit thinking this might soften the blow. 

I love surprising the kids. I mean...I LOVE IT! So I decided not to tell Evan until the night we were supposed to leave. Knowing Luke wasn't going to go, I pulled him in my bedroom to tell him the news.
Me: Hey, I want you to know that I am going to take Evan to the Panic at the Disco concert tonight.
Luke: Wait, do I have to go?
Me: Ummmm, well, no. 
Luke: whew!
Me: Well, guess what DOES get to happen??
Luke: what ?
Me: Collins is coming to babysit!
Luke: yesssss!

So this was a win win for everyone!

When Evan got home, I told him we had somewhere to go. I handed him the tickets. He was very confused and SUPER shocked!


We changed clothes and headed downtown. The seats were INCREDIBLE! We even saw some friends who were just one section over! These two friends are super musical so both us moms knew they were in for a treat.


Now it has been a long time since I have been to a concert where you don't sit down most of the songs. That's also going to age me a bit. But Panic! put on one of the best shows! Brandon Urie and his musicians were phenomenal!



One funny thing...right before the band went on stage, Luke leaned over to me very seriously and "mom... I need you to know something. They have some cuss words in their songs." Sweet boy was making sure I was going to be okay with a little cussing. I assured him I'd be just fine.



No comments:

Post a Comment