Friday, June 21, 2019

Maundy Thursday

Maundy Thursday is unique to our family. John and I are involved at The Stirring. This year's service was a doozie. There were a lot of moving pieces that had to go juuuuuust exactly right for the service to get the meaning we were looking for. From a production perspective, we asked a lot of the Hope staff, and they came through!

The week leading up to this service was stressful. It always is. The devil living right there in the details...in my relationships...in my parenting...in my job...always living in the details. He almost got the better of me the night before the service. It was close. But you know what softened my heart? Something that happened at school the next day.

Evan had been asked to be a part of the Maundy Thursday service at school. Kids were reenacting the last supper. Watching and helping this crew get ready gave me all my purpose back. Watching these kids live out that momentous event which changed the course of our world, put me back on track. This is why He said, 'with a childlike faith'. These kids showing the gesture of their savior humbling himself to wash their feet.






No comments:

Post a Comment