Saturday, November 25, 2017

Halloween

Halloween is met with almost as much enthusiasm as Christmas around here! Decorating for Halloween takes longer than decorating for Christmas!!




Luke found his costume early in October. Evan waffled between a half zombie/half human or half vampire/half human or something else his creative brain could come up with that I couldn't even picture. It finally got to the point that Halloween was here so he just picked something from our costume drawer. Yes, we have a costume drawer.


We met up with some friends and to our surprise, one of Evan's BFFs was dressed as StayPuff! The perfect complement to Evan's Ghostbuster!
The crew

On our way to school, we heard a radio personality talk about which type of candy they were going to look for at all the houses. Everyone in the car had their opinion about which Halloween candy was their favorite. Each and every house Luke went to, he looked for a kit-kat. If he found one, he came running down to the street with the same excitement each time exclaiming, "MOM!! I got a kit-kat!!" It was equally hysterical and adorable at the same time. 
About halfway through the houses, I told him to look for me some Reese's cups. He was then a man on a mission.

 There is enough candy in this house to last until next Halloween.

The night ended with our legs aching, our bellies full of sugar, and our cheeks sore from smiling and laughing with friends. As I put the boys to bed, Luke leaned in really close and said, "Mommy. Can I have an extra 'I love you' since I got your some Reese's Cups?" He gets me. He really really gets me.

No comments:

Post a Comment