Friday, November 24, 2017

Turn Around Bright Eyes...

In August of 2017, there was a nationwide major event - the Great American Solar Eclipse. Now, my scientist friends will know there is a solar eclipse a minimum of twice a year, but this one was different. There was a band of totality across the entire coastal United States. 

Memphis was only in 90% totality, but we still played this event up BIG at SGIS. Again, I am the luckiest person in the world to take my kids to work with me each day. We got to experience this together. 

First and foremost, I must always make a fool of myself in front of the entire school during a big event. That just seems to be mandatory. Yes, I shined like the sun while "Walking on Sunshine" played and Jennifer, the moon, passed in front of me. This was all the brainchild of our amazing Innovation Lab teacher, and my good friend, Sarah. Maybe I need to rethink the good friend bit...



 Every good solar eclipse has to have snacks and good friend Kim didn't disappoint. Now that's what I call friendship. Side note, I can't see a Moon Pie without thinking of my grandmother. 


You also have to have technology as a backup plan, you know, like rain. Booooo rain!


But just like that, the sun comes back out to hide behind the moon!! I was actually teaching Luke's class when the sky cleared and you could see the eclipse. We raced out together to watch this very cool thing in our history. I am so glad we got to experience this together!!




No comments:

Post a Comment