Friday, November 24, 2017

Lukey Lou turns SEVEN!

 LUKE IS SEVEN!!


Luke has been talking about his seventh birthday since September 10, 2016, aka, the day after he turned 6.

He's been talking about Chuck-e-cheese for 365 days, and there was no convincing him he could celebrate anywhere else. Trust me...I tried. I begged. I pleaded. I even tried to bribe him. It wasn't working.


I decided I would suck it up and give my 7 year old what he wanted. I would host a birthday party at Chuck-e-cheese. I heard they served beer. Even a friend of mine, who has known me over 25 years said, "I knew this wasn't your idea. You are way too much of a control freak to have a birthday party at a place like this." He might not be wrong.

With each invitation, I sent an apology. But look at these kids! They had a blast!!




When it came time for food, Luke was about done. There was quite a lot of sensory overload for his sweet little self. At one point, he even asked me, "When can we go home?" 

He rallied when we had cake and blew out the candles with gusto!

Chuckie came out to say hi to all the birthday kids. Luke really wanted his brother around when Chuck arrived. I don't blame him. It looks like he's seen better days.

At the end of the party, each birthday kid got a turn in the ticket blaster. After watching one person do it, Luke decided it wasn't for him. He let his brother go in his place.


We ended our day at Luke's favorite place! Skybox!! When the lovely owners found out it was Luke's birthday and he picked Skybox out of all the places to eat, they sent over a sweet treat to say Happy Birthday!

Luke, you have grown into such a unique little guy. You like things just so. You actually said to me just the other day, "Mom, something you should know about me is I like things just perfect." You are smart. You are observant. You take it all in with little judgment. You are a strong advocate for truth and fairness. You have a strong love for your family and are still my cuddle bug. I pray seven is your best year yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment