Saturday, November 25, 2017

The Rise of a Staycation

Well, not really, but my boys don't know any different. Since we did our big vacation in April to Disney, I knew the rest of our time off this year was going to be spent right here in our favorite city, Memphis! So we called on our bestest break buddies and planned an exciting couple days!

Anytime we were home, there was a board game out. Battleship was probably our fave.

We also made bouncy balls. Luke got this kit for his birthday and has been begging me to make them.
*Side note, they turned out GREAT, but molded after about a week in their bags. 



We joined the Parkers for some fun times at Shelby Farms. We thought since we had a big group, that peddle-boating would be fun and a good workout. Well, let's just say it was a good workout for two of us... We decided to fuel up at The Kitchen before getting on the open water.

Our version of fuel

Safety first!

We decided to get the big boat since there were 5 of us. What we didn't think about was how it was much harder to peddle a four person boat, especially when there were 5 people and only TWO were actually peddling. But we were determined. We were going to last at least half an hour. We would take occasional breaks and cheer on the zipliners. 


Gavin had the best seat in the house. 


The next outing was to Botanic Gardens. We met up with even MORE friends for a fun filled day. 


Against my better judgement, I bought fish food. It was the last weekend to feed the koi in the pond. Those things are my nightmare. I have this thing with fish. I like them dead and cooked on my plate. I don't do well with alive fish, but being the amazing mother I am, bought the food and let the boys feed the disgusting things. I might still be having nightmares.



I cannot tell you how much I love these silly boys.

This one has my heart too.

These are the best mommas and best friends a gal can have!!

It was an awesome day! I only lost each kid once! Success!!

No comments:

Post a Comment